My books on Adult ADHD include:
- 2008: A comprehensive guide to Adult ADHD, including the potential effects of poorly managed ADHD on loved ones and the adults themselves—along with a consumer’s guide to treatment strategies.
- 2016: A guide to ADHD couple therapy for professionals and consumers—based on the evidence of what works for couple therapy and what works for Adult ADHD
- 2014: A Kindle-only book about ADHD’s potential effect on sexual intimacy
- 2014: I also contributed the first-ever chapter on ADHD couple therapy to psychologist Russell Barkley’s gold-standard clinical guide. The title is Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: A Handbook for Diagnosis and Treatment, Fourth Edition (2014)
For an overview of my published work—and reader reviews—please visit my Amazon Author page.
1. Is It You, Me, or Adult A.D.D.?
Available in three formats (as well as in Spanish and Turkish):
- Paperback: online at Amazon.com
- e-book: Kindle format
- e-book: iBooks (Apple)
- Audio: 12 audio CDs, 2Mp3 CDs, or audio download, available from Amazon and Tantor Media
Read along with the You Me ADHD book club—a series of essays written by my friends who happen to be in dual-ADHD marriages (with children diagnosed with ADHD as well!).
2. Adult ADHD-Focused Couple Therapy: Clinical Interventions
Co-authored with veteran ADHD expert and psychologist Arthur L. Robin. Published in 2016 by Routledge/Taylor & Francis.
Available at many outlets, including Amazon.
Please note: Depending on the device you use to read this blog and follow that link to Amazon, you will see only the hardback or you will see the hardcover, paperback, Kindle, etc.
3. Adult ADHD and Sex: What You Need to Know (That Sex Therapists Cannot Tell You)
A Kindle-only book; if you don’t have Kindle, you can read on your computer, iPad, or phone by downloading Amazon’s free Kindle app. Visit Amazon to learn more.
Yes, sexual expression is yet another one of those areas—like sleep—where the public and professionals alike often fail to connect the dots to ADHD symptoms.
As I write in Is It You, Me, or Adult A.D.D.?:
When ADHD does create significant sexual problems, it usually falls into two categories: The ADHD partner initiates sex all the time or almost never. In the sexual relationship as in elsewhere with ADHD, we encounter variable challenges in self-regulation and summoning motivation.”
Between these extremes (always and never) lies a range of issues that can drive apart couples—if they don’t know what they’re dealing with or what strategies to implement. Ignorance about this critically important connection between ADHD and sexual intimacy creates so much unnecessary hurt.
Thank you for your interest in my books about Adult ADHD. I look forward to meeting you when my online training launches in late 2020: ADHD Success Training