Consider this your personal invitation to join us next weekend (11/14/09) at ADD Resources 8th Annual Fall Conference in Bellevue, Washington. The theme this year is ADHD: Acceptance is Empowering.
Knowledge is power, too. This is a wonderfully cost-effective opportunity to expand your knowledge of ADHD—and get to know the ADHD community in the Pacific Northwest.
I’ll present a keynote on “You, Me, and Adult A.D.D.: Success Strategies for Couples.”
Note: On September 12, 2010, I will be co-presenting with Don Baker, MD, a workshop for Adult ADHD couples and individuals.
Conference Breakout Sessions
In between, you can choose from among many breakout sessions (including mine on parenting when both parent and child have ADHD):
- Don Baker, MA: Therapy That Works for ADHD!
- Gail Baker, MA: Creative Process as a Tool for Increased Focus
- Jeanette Cohen, JD: Understand the Law: Special Ed & 504s in the Public Schools
- Steve Curry, MA: Accepting My Definition of Time
- Jaymi Garvett: Cultivating Your ADHD Superpower Strengths
- George Glade, MC, ARNP: Depression, Bipolarity and ADD
- Cynthia Hammer, MSW: Start and Finish Tasks and Projects w/o Delaying Tactics
- BJ Hudgins: Using the ADDvantages of Your Thinking
- George Lynn, M.A., M.P.A., L.M.H.C.: Nurturing the Genius of the Attention Different Child at Home and at School
- Ted Mandelkorn, MD: Update on Medication, Dosage and Side Effects for ADHD
- Debbie McGrew, MD, OT: ADHD and Other Neurodevelopmental Conditions or “Why does my child have more than one diagnosis?”
- Gina Pera: Parenting When Both Parent and Child Have ADHD
- Dave Pomeroy, MD: ADHD and Co-occurring Conditions in Kids and Teens
- Rebecca Ross: Helping Kids with Organization and Time Management
- Tanya Ruckstuhl-Valenti, LICSW, MSW: ADD Stress Solutions: How to Identify Your Blind Spots
- Susan Small: Structure is Hard Work!
- Peter Terlaak, CPC: Managing Executive Function in a Complex Workplace
- Monica Van Hoomissen, PsyD: ABCs & 123s of Eval.& Treatment in Kids & Teens
- Kendra Wagner: Writing & Thinking Skills: Instruction Tips for Teachers & Parents
- Sarah Wright, MS: A is for Anxiety
WHEN: Saturday, November 14th, 2009; 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, followed by an evening social event
WHERE: The Bellevue Sheraton Hotel. 100 112th Avenue NE, Bellevue, WA 98004
REGISTRATION: ADD Resources members: $95, Non-members: $120 and Students: $35
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER, CLICK HERE.
I look forward to seeing you there!