Currently, I offer three Adult ADHD support groups, one for the adults and two for the partners of adults with ADHD. Two are face-to-face and one is online. All are free and open to the public.
Face-to-Face Groups Meet in Palo Alto
Here in Silicon Valley, I offer two are face-to-face groups (sign up at the links):
1. Palo Alto: A discussion group for adults with ADHD (sign up to be notified of meetings; e-mail is minimal)
2. Palo Alto: A discussion group for partners of adults with ADHD (parents and siblings of these adults are welcome, too) . Please sign up to be notified of meetings.
The “partners of” meeting requires an RSVP, with a minimum number required in order to hold the meeting. If that number is not met by early afternoon of the meeting, it will be canceled. So, you’ll want to be notified of that.
I do suggest (but do not require) a $5 donation for the face-to-face meetings to defray room rental.
- There is one mailing list shared by both groups. Typically, there is one notice and one reminder for each group. Monthly.
- It is not appropriate for mental-heatlh professionals, coaches, therapists-in-training and others to arrived expecting to sit in on the meeting. Please know this before you come, because we will ask you to leave. Boundaries.
Virtual Group for the Partners of Adults with ADHD—Internationally
3. ADHD Partner: An online support group for the partners of adults with ADHD
This is a groups.io format—based on e-mail exchange within the group. It is not a chat room. It is e-mail based, and you may use an anonymous e-mail address (advised) to protect privacy.
It conforms to your schedule; send an e-mail and go about your business. Come back and read the responses.
Choose to receive individual e-mails or the daily and weekly digests—or read at the site. Search the archives for key topics.
Come Join Us!
Leading these groups for more than a decade has been my immense pleasure.
Seeing (and reading about) strangers of all ages and socioeconomic backgrounds coming together for mutual support, strategy-sharing and much laughter is absolutely inspirational—and fun.
Come join us. It’s friendly and informal.
—Gina Pera, founder and lead moderator