I (Gina Pera) am eagerly anticipating CADDAC’s first-ever Two-Day ADHD Conference & Comedy Night— ADHD: ALL IN THE FAMILY. (That’s right, a comedy night fund-raiser…what a concept!)
Please note: This event took place in 2019. But check out the Canadian non-profit that has long organized annual conferences: The Center for ADHD Awareness, Canada (CADDAC)
Featured Speaker: Dr. Russell Barkley
This is a great opportunity to learn from Dr. Russell Barkley, an internationally recognized authority on Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder in children and adults.
CADDAC hosts the Comedy Night Fund Raiser on Saturday, May 30, 2009, featuring Rick Green, from the Red Green Show and History Bites, as Master of Ceremonies and Patrick McKenna from Traders and the Red Green Show. The comedy troupe “The Gents” will be performing their entire 90 minute show Why Men Do What They Do.
Other Workshop Speakers
- Gina Pera, yours truly (author of Is It You, ,Me or Adult ADD? Stopping the Roller Coaster When Someone You Love Has Attention Deficit Disorder)
- Jake Wetzel (Olympic Gold Medal winner) and his motherm Eva Wetzel (Organizational Behaviour Professorr)
- Dr. Umesh Jain, (Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist)
- Jana Bajcar (Researcher specializing in medication-taking behaviours)
- Stephen Ilott (professional organizer and speaker)
Something for Everyone
This conference is geared toward parents, adults & adolescents with ADHD as well as their partners (the whole fam damily, as it were) and treating professionals. From speakers who are nationally and internationally renowned, you’ll learn the most current information on all types of ADHD and concrete strategies on how to successfully cope with symptoms throughout the lifespan.
- Saturday, May 30th will be geared towards parents and professionals interested in childhood and adolescent ADHD and Parenting.
- Sunday, May 31st will concentrate on older Adolescent and Adult ADHD. Sunday’s information will be essential for those with ADHD, their significant others, parents and professionals, trying to understand this disorder beyond the childhood years.
CADDAC is the Centre for ADHD/ADD Advocacy, Canada, a national not-for-profit organization providing leadership in education and advocacy for ADHD organizations and individuals with ADHD across Canada.
CADDAC says that space is limited: Register early to prevent disappointment. A variety of conference/show package deals are available.
Saturday, May 30th and Sunday May 31st
Program begins at 9 am with breakfast and registration at 8:30am
Blue Danube Banquet Facility, 1686 Ellesmere Road, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
McCowan and Ellesmere, just south of 401
Within walking distance of the Light Rail Transit McCowan stop
Free underground parking availabl
A special reading by Roseneathe Theatre of their new play The Incredible Speediness of Jamie Cavanaugh will take place during lunch on Saturday the 30th.